Mediation helps separated parents (and other carers) to make arrangements for their children, set up a Parenting Plan and communicate better about the children's needs.
Discussions can include:
- How children will spend time with each parent, including holidays and special days.
- Where children will live.
- School and health matters.
- Routines and boundaries.
- Children's feelings and responses to separation.
- How to talk to children about separation.
- Review and changes over time.
- Child maintenance.